Thank you all very much for your ongoing support and interest in the Minimum Viable Book.
Over the past ten months, we have travelled to a few spots in the UK, Germany and the United States. We’ve met some truly generous folks who were willing to share their stories about making things happen. We’ve been on a mission to remove the buzz words, copyrighted processes and rigid methodologies (Oh yes, even agile and lean has these), and simply talk about what works and what doesn’t through tangible examples.
Unfortunately, we weren’t able to contact everyone who signed up, but that doesn’t mean we won’t in the future. We hope this project carries on and on for quite some time yet.
We’d like to thank everyone who took part in one of our four workshops around the world, and also those who shared their stories in one-on-one interviews. Our minds have really expanded in the past year.
We’ve been juggling our Minimum Viable Book discovery and research activities with our full time jobs, so we haven’t been able to go as fast as we would have liked. We all have to pay the bills right?
BUT finally, we have some news: we’re almost ready to release our Alpha. Hoorah!
We’re putting the finishing touches on it, but here’s what we can tell you now:
- It’s not a book! We want to test a non-linear, topic-based collection of stories (initially in simple html)
- We are trialling ten content items and formats
- Each content piece has a slightly different style and structure and uses media in a different way
- The content will initially be available to read by invitation-only
- We’ll be analysing the statistics and sending surveys to help gather some feedback
- Once we have your feedback, we’ll plan a next iteration. Exciting!
- Our release date is currently planned for Wednesday the 30th of July
There’s still time to register your interest in taking part. Who knows, you might be selected for our Alpha.
We’ll check in with you all soon. Ciao for now.
Emily & Amy
Featured image by Azrasta